The Twisted Twenty
A collective of musicians from different parts of the globe, The Twisted Twenty take 18th century musics from the British Isles and using original period instruments, forge a new sound for the 21st century.
News, Updates & TWITTER
- We're off on tour!!! Well...in July. Come and see us either in France or the UK at the beginning of the month. We'll be appearing solo in France, at Lauzun and Beaumont de Lomagne, before rushing back to the UK for The Gales and Tall Tales tour with the mighty TEYR. Check out the dates - we hope to see you there!
Well... what a great year 2017 was for us.... thanks to everyone who liked, shared, wrote about and played our music. We've been lucky enough to be on the airwaves in the UK, France, America, Canada, Germany and Australia to name a few places...
2018 looks set to be another lovely year including more collaborations with The Norfolk Broads, TEYR and other fine artists. We've just finished filming our first video (see Media page) and cannot wait to go on tour this summer to France and some sneaky dates in the South West and London. Keep your eyes and ears peeled for more news and sounds....
BREAKING THE SILENCE....we've got lots of exciting summer news!
- We're very honoured to be selected to be a part of FATEA magazine's quarterly download sessions - its FREE from 1st August till October. More info here.
- Our brilliant mates TEYR are on tour in the South West of both FRANCE and ENGLAND so don't miss out. You might spy one of us along the way!
- Music from our album has been selected as the music for a dance show in Arnsberg, Germany - more info soon!
- Londoners - you can see us appear at Plumstead Sunday Sessions on the 24th September - keep your diaries free for a lovely Sunday afternoon.
- We feel very lucky this week - thanks to Andy McMillan of Bright Young Folk for the wonderful review of our album which you can read by clicking here.
- The wonderful Ange Hardy + Rob Swan played our track John Anderson on their amazing show, Folk Findings, which is available to listen to via mixcloud here. Thanks for the airtime!
- Keep your eyes peeled for Late Summer/Autumn dates, coming soon!
- We've got a review! Thanks to Tony Hillier in The Weekend Australian for the wonderful words about our album! Available to purchase via this website or on bandcamp.
- Thanks to everyone who has bought the CD + downloaded the album so far!! We're working hard to get the webshop up and running - but in the meantime you can buy it via our bandcamp page here!
- We're working on gigs and new set lists for the autumn, so keep your eyes glued to the webpage + social media.
- We're really thrilled to have some radio plays under our belt - you can still catch us TOMORROW on the amazing World of Difference programme on NG Digital from 7-9pm UK time.
- Thanks to the amazing Baroquestock festival for having us - fantastic atmosphere and food.
- If you want to find out more about how we started + our music, you can also listen to this amazing podcast by the talented Rachel Rowntree. Her series 'Breaking Boundaries' is not one to be missed. Click here.
- We had an epic time at our launch at The Harrison Pub in London on 20th and we're happy to announce that our CD is now available to order ONLINE! Available in physical via this website, or to download it via our bandcamp page click here.
- We're overwhelmed with the response to the album and would like to thank everyone who donated to the project and made this possible. Its an incredible honour to have so many people believe in the band and want to hear this music.
- We have another gig - this TUESDAY 25th April at Heath Street Baptist Church as a part of the wonderful Baroquestock festival. Get your tickets while they last. Follow the link on our website for more info.
5 Days to go until our launch at The Harrison, King's Cross on Thursday 20th April and LOOK WHAT CAME THROUGH THE POST! Head on down to the launch to grab yourselves a copy or pre-order here.
The Living Tradition - http://www.livingtradition.co.uk/webrevs/pfr1701cd.htm
Bright Young Folk - http://brightyoungfolk.com/records/the-twisted-twenty-the-twisted-twenty